Adding Google Analytics to Your WordPress Site
A few weeks ago we talked about the true value of adding Google Analytics to your website. So this week we’re going to show you how to physically add it to your site, and how easy it is. Along the way we’ve also provided pictures and arrows to make sure you get it one the first try!
- First off go to Google.com/analytics the page, in the top right corner click on the “access Google Analytics”.
- From there proceed to the signup page.
- Fill out the required fields with your information.
- After you proceed to the next page after you put in your website name username etc. your code will be in the middle of the page. This is what you will copy & paste into your website pages.
- So now that we have our code lets implement it. Log in to your website as an admin and pick whichever page you want to start tracking.
- The easiest spot to put the code is usually in the header or footer area, so that you don’t get it mixed up with your other web content.
Now you’re up and tracking! So just repeat the last two steps for all the pages you want tracked and you’re good to go!
If you have any questions or need help drop us a line we’d love to help!